Hi Guys :)
So the lovely guys over at Sunkissed Bronzing asked me to take part in their Christmas Party look competition! Of course I said yes! I couldn't refuse getting to play with some new make-up.
When I opened my package it was such a nice surprise, as I had no idea what they were going to send me. The package included (see photos above) the Sunkissed Self tanning Air Pump Mousse, Sun Kissed Application Mitt, Sunkissed Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact and the Sunkissed Giant Bronzer.
I thought all of these together would actually make a great gift for someone, or individually great stocking fillers! What do you think guys?
I am always nervous trying out fake tan, I hardly ever wear it really! I had to obviously try this for this review, and I was so pleasantly surprised. I usually only really trust St Tropez, but this is exactly the same texture, if not slightly lighter and smells gorgeous - no dog biscuit smell here! The smell reminds me of butterscotch, a toffee kind of fragrance. I applied this using the supplied Sunkissed Application Mitt which retails at £2.99 - always use a mitt for best results.
This is a really lightweight formula so you can use it on your face as well as body, and the colour develops really quickly - see photos below.
Here you can see the application colour, I much prefer fake tan to have a tint so I can see where I am applying it.
This is what the colour developed too whilst I was applying my make-up. I did not feel like an oompa lumpa as I feared I would, definitely an improvement on my usual pale skin.
Please, PLEASE, excuse my naked face but above you can see the Before and After pictures. Massive difference I know... I .. am.. soooooo..... pale!
Now then, here I will show you how I used the gorgeous Sunkissed Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact (£8.99) and the Sunkissed Giant Bronzer (£4.99)
MY CHRISTMAS PARTY LOOK!
To create this look here are the steps you need to follow:
Prep your skin!
I used Dermalogica skincare:
Precleanse, Special Cleansing Gel, Daily Microfoliant and Active Moist
For my base I used my own selection of make-up including:
Illamasqua Satin Primer
M.A.C Face & Body Foundation
M.A.C Prep & Prime Highlighting concealer
Illamasqua Translucent Setting Powder
NARS Smudge Proof Eye Base
Shu Uemura Eye lash curlers
M.A.C Eyebrow pencil in Fling
Once your base is done you can then begin to define the rest of your features.
I used the Sunkissed Giant Bronzer to contour and add definition to my cheek bones and temple. It has a lovely matte finish which is great for my oily/combination skin type. I am not fond of shimmery bronzers.
1) Take the Highlighter and apply it all over the lid with a small dense flat brush. Ensure you use a good eye primer underneath so your make-up stays on all night long without creasing. I absolutely loved using this highlighter as an eyeshadow, the pigment was fab.
2) I then used the light red eyeshadow and applied this to the outer edge of the eye, blending in towards the centre and buffing out. Keep blending till you get a really smooth finish.
3) To create more definition I took the dark red/brown eyeshadow and added a tiny bit to the outer corners and under the water line. I took my blending brush again and buffed this colour into the socket line.
4) I then used the lightest gold shade along my brow bone and a little on my cupids bow. Highlight areas such as this to brighten and open up your face.
5) Curl your eyelashes, I used my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers! Then add a lashing of mascara! I also added a little bit of black eyeliner (MUA Cosmetics Jet Black liner) to the waterline.
6) Last but not least my lips. I used Rust as I wanted a neutral shade, my lips are naturally quite pink, as you can see from the picture. The lip shades are all quite subtle, if you wanted to really stand out from your fellow Christmas party goers, try wearing this look with a red lip!
So there you go, my Christmas party look! Shimmery gold eyes with lots of bronzed contouring! I absolutely loved using the Sunkissed Luxury Bronze Maxi Compact, and it is an absolute steal for just £8.99! Go grab yours now in time for Christmas!
If you enjoyed this post and liked the look I created please VOTE for me on the Sunkissed Bronzing website - the gallery is not live yet, but when it is I shall let you all know so you can get voting.
If I win, I receive £100 worth of products! I will most definitely be doing a giveaway here on my blog so if you think you fancy getting your hands on some Sunkissed goodies then watch this space!
See you soon,